Last session, the Firewall agents earned their salaries. They crashed a mech party, challenged a crime boss to one on one combat, and then impersonated too-rich-for-their-own-blood Hyperelites to gain access to the inner chambers of Skinesthesia. While Noah donned his old personality and spun a web of deceit, John and T.O.M. managed to find the lab where Dr. Worthmeyer was conducting her research.
Unfortunately, what was waiting for them was horrific beyond words. The Firewall agents, barely managing to contain the exsurgent threat that had consumed Dr. Worthmeyer, beat a hasty retreat. They managed to cover their trail with some desperate clean-up tactics and composure under pressure, delaying the sure-to-follow investigation and buying themselves precious time.
It seems, however, that Akinye is almost ready to make her move. She has a deadly Basilisk hack, TITAN nanotech, and her fingers on the trigger of an unknown number of exsurgents who are ready to pop.
- James – TOM (The Optimal Man). An AI programmed in a lunar laboratory, designed to be able to crack any digital protection and retrieve any data (as well as be the best psychotherapist in the known ‘verse). His accent algorithms are slowly degrading.
- Travis – John Clastion. Survivor of the Fall, he runs a delivery service on Mars, preferring to use his feet instead of mundane transport. He also knows all about the drugs of the transhuman future and the criminals and cartels that supply them.
- Kevin – Griswold Stuart. Griswold Stuart is a 23rd century man, born in a 21st century man’s body, living in an AF10 world. Reformed by Firewall, he did his best to adapt to his new world and his new place in it. Formerly a programmer, business executive, and playboy, he is no longer sure of his own memories, much less his identity.
- Josh – Sam Franklin. Originally a police officer with a wife, house, and the American Dream. Left the force when he realized how corrupt it was and signed up with Direct Action. After a long service that cost him his body and some of his memories, he works freelance for anyone who can pay, looking for his wife and his missing time.
- Matt – Noah Lucas. A kangaroo uplift egohunter and x-caster who escaped from Earth during the fall. Now works towards making sure no uplifts are abused or exploited in the same way he was before the end of the world worked in his favor.