Hello there, Internet! Somewhat long time, and, uh. . . infinitely no see. One of these days we should do a webcam thing so that we can rectify that. UNTIL THEN, though, you will have to make due with our wondrous vocal patterns. Listen to these MP3s while looking at the spectral view. It’ll blow your mind, seriously.
Wow, that got off-topic fast. In any case, do we have some news for you:
First and foremost, the Sordid Dystopia Kickstarter is doing amazingly well. I applaud all of you who are backing us presently. I never expected us to reach our initial funding goal in under a day, or twice our funding goal in under a week, and I never expected us to be talking about reaching almost triple our funding goal before this project ended. Seriously, you guys are the best.
Second, Nate and I did a roundtable discussion of Monsters and Other Childish Things with one Ross Payton. He apparently does a roleplaying podcast too. We’re going to be in their 70th Episode “There’s Monsters in the School, Tom.” The episode isn’t yet out, but it should be out shortly after this episode goes live. I figured I just needed to get the word out on this Role Playing Public Radio show Ross and his friend Tom do.
Thirdly, Nate got us all into the Little Fears Nightmare Edition recently. We’ve played 8 sessions of a campaign composed of prefab adventures from the books, the Campfire Tales series, and things that we’ve written ourselves. It’s shaping up to be a pretty rad set of things and hopefully it’ll be totally awesome when it gets posted here eventually. What this means for your right now is that we have a whole bunch of Little Fears goodies for every one of our listeners:
- Nate recently wrote a scenario for a contest run by Little Fears superfan Jack O’Tears. The theme of the contest was Duality, and Nate wrote a whole adventure about a Monster and a child who complete each other. You can get the adventure here or go to the Little Fears Facebook Group and take it from there. It had to be fairly short, so be prepared to improv or write a couple things and make it your own for your group. He also ran a quick playtest of it and we will be posting the AP to our site somewhere in the next few weeks.
- I wrote up a complete dice roller for Little Fears’ Top 3 system. It automatically rolls, sorts, and totals your Top 3 results, calculates passing grades, accounts for penalties or bonuses, and even fits the conditional statements “It’s easy for me to. . . when. . .” and “It’s hard for me to. . . when. . .” You can check it out here and save it via right click and “Save As”
- Sam will be running a Call of Cthulu scenario, wherein the players are grad students checking out a strange trend in the South Carolina Marshes.
- Nate will be running a Little Fears Nightmare Edition scenario set in Mrs Frieda’s Halfway Home. The characters will be kids between the ages of 6 and 12 and do things that will be canon to the universe.
- I will be running a Monsters and Other Childish Things scenario that I am still planning out at this time.
- Charlie will be running Sordid Dystopia.