The Drunk and the Newsies 1-25-2012

HELLO INTERNET. This is a momentous day for all of us here at The Drunk and the Ugly, and for all of you Drunk and Uglyians (Uglyites?  Uglyos? YOU DECIDE). That’s right, the Sordid Dystopia Kickstarter is LIVE.

In this episode of the Drunk and the Newsies, we talk about what this Kickstarter means to YOU, what it means for us, and James reads some poetry. Join us!

This entry was posted in Non-AP and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Charlei72
    Posted January 25, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Go Sweden!

2. Lucek
    Posted January 25, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on a suspenseful kickstarter.

3. Joshua
    Posted January 25, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I wasn’t going to contribute, but then I saw that the currently pledged amount ended in a 6 and was forced to correct it with extreme prejudice.

Entertaining news post; maybe some time in the future you can have another Kickstarter to make an a capella electronica album, or perhaps some spoken word spam poetry. As for the lack of listener comments, I will try to throw in more questions your way, as entertaining as spambots can be.

• Lucek
      Posted January 25, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Yeah that was me. I didn’t want to pledge the exact amount to get my reward so I put down some extra.

4. Travis
    Posted January 25, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Curse you! I was gonna contribute a reasonable amount to the kickstarter then you mentioned my only weakness: Sweet Books.

Oh well looks like me and my dog will be eating the food for the new few weeks.

Also congratulations on meeting your goal in such a short time.

5. luffy316
    Posted January 25, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

slight on cash at the moment, so will contribute in the free and vaguely more obnoxious and selfish way

1. If you were able to have your own monster (foregoing the general age limit rules with them), which monster from the podcasts would you pick? Can be from Freida’s, Road Trip, or any of the one-shots
    2. I recently read the Road Trip rulebook, and noticed that not only in the “recap” segment of Sunny Vale, but in the rules itself, that Zoltron’s magic doesn’t effect the Red Ranger’s katana. I read the chapter and didn’t find any reason why. Did you ever address this, or is it in the book and I’m a dumbass?
    3. Have any of the players in Road Trip read the rulebook for the setting, and is there any issue with dealing with the metagaming if they have?

6. David
    Posted January 26, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Looks like you guys don’t have any perblomes getting money. That’s the cat’s pomjiss!

Posted January 27, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

I’m just going to point out that our spamblocker blocked you for leaving that comment. That said, it was hilarious.

• Posted January 28, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

Haha wow. I guess I wasn’t being the enemy of confusion. Everywhere.

…watch this one get blocked too.

7. Sam
    Posted January 27, 2012 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Why thankyou Nate but I’m a talker not a writer which is similar but different. As I never put my stories pen to paper.
    I could probably read it
    Wait there’s a lady in your group?
    THE LOTION IT BURNS!
    Wait? Ross Payton? I funded his roleplaying game!
    I have 6hand bound books…
    I interviewed the guy who made Fiasco!
    Dinosaur *rawr*
    I hope those sit ins are not Freida’s or we will have no idea whats going on! Also by sit ins do you mean literal sit in as we just listen to you live or do you mean sit ins where the individual involved is participating?
    But but but I sent you guys things!!!

Posted January 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

We are running games specifically for contributors. You and the other contributors will play along in a game (or multiple games) run by one of the Drunk and the Ugly.

• Sam
        Posted January 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Just wanted to make sure guys.

Also first Newsies without questions from me, can we keep that up?

8. Claes Svensson
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

After hearing this, I realise there should ALWAYS be a musical section on the newsies.
    Hearing Manda back in the games will be good.
    And now for a couple of questions.
    First off: When it says all previous limited and unlimited rewards. Does that include the hand-bound book as I think it does?
    Secondly: How did you guys end up finding eachother and starting to play together?

9. Lucek
    Posted February 1, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

By my calculations you guys are $25 short of clearing a grand.