Mars: 10 years after the Fall. A Firewall sentinel has gone missing two weeks into an undercover mission.
Two weeks is not necessarily a red flag for the scanners and vectors until secret Firewall caches across Mars started being very carefully, cautiously, and skillfully raided.
PROX-E KING has been informed and taps several new, untested agents to track down the missing and presumed dead sentinel, reacquire their cortical stack, and stop the OpSec leak.
But Mars runs thick with blood and betrayal. The sentinel team is setting off on a path whose twists and turns they cannot begin to imagine. Mars will show them fear in a handful of dust.
- James – TOM (The Optimal Man). An AI programmed in a lunar laboratory, designed to be able to crack any digital protection and retrieve any data (as well as be the best psychotherapist in the known ‘verse). His accent algorithms are slowly degrading.
- Travis – John Clastion. Survivor of the Fall, he runs a delivery service on Mars, preferring to use his feet instead of mundane transport. He also knows all about the drugs of the transhuman future and the criminals and cartels that supply them.
- Kevin – Griswold Stuart. A fork of a former hyperelite from Earth. Griswold Stuart is a 23rd century man, born in a 21st century man’s body, living in an AF10 world. Reformed by the secretive Firewall organization, he did his best to adapt to his new world and his new place in it. Formerly a programmer, business executive, and playboy, he is no longer sure of his own memories, much less his identity.
- Josh – Sam Franklin. Originally a police officer with a wife, house, and the American Dream. Left the force when he realized how corrupt it was and signed up with Direct Action. After a long service that cost him his body and some of his memories, he works freelance for anyone who can pay, looking for his wife and his missing time.
- Matt – Noah Lucas. A kangaroo uplift egohunter and x-caster who escaped from Earth during the fall. Now works towards making sure no uplifts are abused or exploited in the same way he was before the end of the world worked in his favor.