Your parents gave everything they had to serve the Emperor, and you will not – I repeat, will not – dishonor them or their memory by doing any less. You will be purified through prayer. You will be hardened by training. Sharpened by study. Your forebearers, being imperfect servants, -died- for a greater purpose. You, cadets, will -live- for one.
-Drill-Abbess Narcia, Opening Address to Hervaran Progeniae
The inspection of the Riser Creek facility begins, as the squad is familiarized with overland scouting by the feral worlders of the Cuyavale Close Infantry’s 1st squad. Initial reconnaissance makes clear what the Dominate hoped was only conjecture: the Orks have taken the facility.
But where are they? Orks are not usually subtle creatures.
- Alex – Cornelius. Operator for the Severan Dominate. Content to spend his life navigating an armored coffin behind enemy lines; nonchalantly melting the Enemies of the Emperor while yelling at his latest comrade for perceived incompetence.
- James – Vorgen Nowak. A Heavy Gunner for the Severan Dominate. Always tries to be a reliable foundation for the team, either with his calm, collected style or his suite of heavy weaponry.
- Josh – Aloysius Vance. A quiet psyker from an aggri-world, saved from the Black Ships of the Empire by the timely revolt. He largely keeps to himself, fully aware that the rank and file are disturbed by his presence.
- Kevin – Otho Valerius. Untested squad leader for the Severan Dominate. Still has a lot to learn about the ways of the Imperial Guard, but is determined to lead from the front with dignity and honor.
- Max – Fortunus “Fort” Diggles. Ogryn soldier for the Severan Dominate. Large among even his inhuman kind, Fort is mountain of a man that more closely resembles the mountain. He is always happy to fight alongside his fellow soldiers and support them in their ambitions. The complexities of war often escape him, but he serves with his own blend of loyalty, commitment, and inhuman strength.
“District Four” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License