Welcome to Innistrad, a plane draped in death and stubborn life. The humans that call it their home settle the lands, but as the night falls they are lost lambs among predators. In the light of the moon fierce creatures run, werewolves hiding amongst friends and family, vampires pursuing a meal with wild hedonistic abandon, and even the very dead risen from their tombs by unrest or call. And beyond them darker and stranger things lie in the deepest of shadows the valleys and forests have to offer.
But all is not hopeless. The savior of humanity lives in this world. Flying overhead with an argent radiance, The Archangel Avacyn and her flights of angels protect humanity from that which lurks and plots in the black. Under her watch the Church of Avacyn centered in the walled city of Thraben pushes for peace and protection. the Cathar soldiers dressed in silvers and whites of the church serve the radiant Lunarch, the individual chosen by the angels to lead, and work to purge evil from the land.
Though their challenges are many, trust in the angels is almost omnipresent; those symbols of faith and true belief having strength against the darkness. But the angels can’t be everywhere, or stop every injustice. And in the distant province of Stensia, the reach of the church is at it’s weakest, the craggy mountains and forever overcast sky hiding deep secrets and dangers. And so it comes to remarkable people to have the strength to change things; for better or worse.
Dark Walk Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- James – Conrad Starkherz – Paladin: An inquisitor of the Avacynian church, dedicated to the destruction of evil by all available means. His fighting skills are weathered by his age, but he has come to rely on his holy powers to protect him from both his foes and the memories of his past.
- Susan – Elyria – Druid: A young lady who made her home in the terrifying forest of the Ulvenwald. She is a thin girl of medium height with wild ginger curls all over her head. The first things noticed are always her red hair and her large green eyes. She was a young girl from Kessig who found she had fantastical abilities fled to live in nature when some disastrous things happened. She has fantastical powers that can change nature, but these powers cannot change her past.
- Axe – Niccolo Argenti – Rogue: A former Midnight Duelist, sworn to protect the streets of his home city of Nephalia from vampires and corpse-traders. After his brother Jacomo died in service of the Church of Avacyn, he became disillusioned and forsook his duties, becoming an apostate and blade for hire. Thirty-five years old, he’s managed to live to what passes for middle age on the blighted plane of Innistrad with the sharpness of his wits and the speed of his blade.
- Kevin – Faustus Pent – Wizard: University educated among the Ivory Towers of Nephalia, Faustus Pent made a career of creating clockwork devices for the well-off, from toys to complicated weaponry. Betrothed to Inquisitor Arcelia Bright, his life took a terrible turn when she led an ill-fated raid against Strefan Maurer two years ago. On learning the news, he immediately closed his shop and devoted himself to single-minded study of battle magic. Now, spellbook and strange magics in tow, he has finally made his way to Stensia to find the lost pieces of a life denied to him…
- Travis – Grove Hecker – Ranger: Folk hero of Kessig. Grove is known for solving mysterious investigations and surviving deadly monsters attacks around the province . His last investigation ended with him befriending a wolf mongrel, Yew, and being asked politely to leave Kessig. His gruff demeanor and combat prowess make him a fantastic huntsman but his years in the Ulvenwald have made him a terrible people person. With his unusual new partner Yew, Grove left Kessig to challenge the Somberwald of Stensia.
- Josh – Grimhild – Fighter: A taciturn monster hunter from the grim mountains of Stensia. A pale skinned, fair haired, and athletically muscular woman with a permanent scowl. With an obscured past and a chip on her shoulder she hunts many of the fiends of the dark. Though her relationship with the church and its angels is strained at best, she has become a stalwart, if grim, defender of the people they forgot.