Kidnapping, industrial espionage, murder, and grand theft VTOL: just another day on the Moon.
The team is now moving on their lead in the city of Nectar. Boutin is still steps ahead of them, and his true plan and intentions have not yet coalesced.
Meanwhile, Noah has set off to Clever Hands, the habitat owned by Somatek, following an invitation to take up an ego bounty on a dangerous uplift renegade.
- James – TOM (The Optimal Man). An AI programmed in a lunar laboratory, designed to be able to crack any digital protection and retrieve any data (as well as be the best psychotherapist in the known ‘verse). His accent algorithms are slowly degrading.
- Travis – John Clastion. Survivor of the Fall, he runs a delivery service on Mars, preferring to use his feet instead of mundane transport. He also knows all about the drugs of the transhuman future and the criminals and cartels that supply them.
- Kevin – Griswold Stuart. Griswold Stuart is a 23rd century man, born in a 21st century man’s body, living in an AF10 world. Reformed by Firewall, he did his best to adapt to his new world and his new place in it. Formerly a programmer, business executive, and playboy, he is no longer sure of his own memories, much less his identity.
- Josh – Sam Franklin. Originally a police officer with a wife, house, and the American Dream. Left the force when he realized how corrupt it was and signed up with Direct Action. After a long service that cost him his body and some of his memories, he works freelance for anyone who can pay, looking for his wife and his missing time.
- Matt – Noah Lucas. A kangaroo uplift egohunter and x-caster who escaped from Earth during the fall. Now works towards making sure no uplifts are abused or exploited in the same way he was before the end of the world worked in his favor.