Several weeks after the encounter with the Exiles, Paskal runs through the town, calling a town meeting. Roland is about to reveal the true nature of the Umbra to the gathered masses. His message will trigger the wrath of the Exiles. Nachsun stands on the brink of civil war. Diplomacy is impossible.
Nachsun’s choice is clear: wait for war to come to their doorstep, or travel to Vaden and slay the Exile King. The final battle looms. The fate of the Umbra hangs in the balance. Things are sliding. The tipping point will come soon.
- Charlie – Roland. NOT a student of Niklas (too lazy) and confirmed student of Christian. Lives in LeJeune’s Home, but it looking to move out.
- James – Edouard Fasson. Doctor, cook, etc. Decided to stay on this island following a shipwreck and encounter with the natives.
- Mandaz – Uszhi. Vicious yet disciplined apprentice to Niklas. Her actions hurt more than her words.
- Matt – Mesik. Fisherman’s son with the troubled past. Lives in LeJeune’s Home for Displaced Umbra. Recently became an apprentice to Niklas.
- Sam – Niklas. Resident Umbra badass. Hunter and master to Uszhi and Mesik.