The Lejuene’s gang wakes up to an empty home. Lejuene is missing. Everyone except a few kids are missing. Nothing else seems out of place. The gang quickly scrambles out of bed (except Roland, who’s a big sleepyhead) and tracks down the mystery.
What they find will lead them to the edge of events in motion that are much, much greater than them. Vaden casts a long shadow, across the island, back to the beginning of our hero’s stories. Secrets and revelations hide in that darkness, and they have fangs.
- Charlie – Roland. An apprentice of Niklas and student of Christian. Lives in LeJeune’s Home, but is looking to move out.
- Chris – Postit. A shield-bearing risk-taker with major abandonment issues.
- Hannah – Sekme. A strange child with a penchant for chance. Besides their luck, however, he has no other extraordinary talents.
- Mandaz – Nanette. An easily-scared cleptomaniac who likes her new friends and really wants to fit in.
- Matt – Mesik. Fisherman’s son with the troubled past. Lives in LeJeune’s Home for Displaced Umbra. Recently became an apprentice to Niklas.