From the desk of Inquisitor Ulysses Wright
093.787.M41 0400 Hours
Watch Station Erioch, Jericho Reach [Achilus Crusade]
Inquisitor Lord Concordia: Arrangements have been made for the assignment of one  5 member Deathwatch Kill-Team to my command. I am confident that their unique skill-sets and operational freedom make them ideal for the purposes we last discussed. Now please remit the necessary funds and materiel outlined in my last requisition order. I erroneously received a response indicating that you had denied my request for assets contributing to the likelihood of success of an operation vital to the course of the entire Achilus Crusade. While the recollections of the sordid events of our last mutual operation off the Hadex Anomaly trouble my sleep and I debate reporting them, I am confident that with the arrival of my requisition, the recollections will be pushed from my mind entirely.
Binary Stars follows the tales of the Deathwatch. Seconded from the most elite martial units of the Imperium, the Deathwatch are the chamber militant of the Ordo Xenos, the Inquisitorial branch granted nearly unlimited power to fight overt and covert alien threats to mankind. Dropped into the middle of a decades-long multiple-front stalemate, the soldiers of the Deathwatch face threats that could break the dwindling strength of the Achilus Crusade and seek opportunities to finally break out in kind.
Industrial Revolution MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- James – Zaphiel. A Dark Angel Consecrator, split in devotion between the Sixteen Laws of the Cult Mechanicus, the retrieval and protection of artifacts to protect humanity in both body and culture, and the teachings of the fallen Chapter Master, Lion El’Jonson. A nigh-invincible man-machine, he serves the Golden Throne with both lore and firepower, forming the bulwark at the foundation of the fire-team’s assaults.
- Matt – Michael. Ultramarine Apothecary. A veteran of the First Tyrannic War and a follower of the holy Codex Astartes penned by Ultramarine founder Roboute Guilliman. Led in devotion to the protection of the Imperium from existential threats that its populace need not know and its other forces unfit to fight, it is his duty to keep his brothers fighting until his last breath.
- Max – Hixus. A recalcitrant Librarian of the Carcharadons. While their vanishing traces and echoing legacies lead many to believe they were a myth the unearthly void hunters of the Carcharadons are proven to exist by the Hixus’s cryo survival amongst the space hulk of his patrol’s ship. Tall (even for a space marine), quiet, and uncomfortably calculating he continues to show the brutality and cunning of his chapters whims, fighting for the Ordos Xenos in place of the direction his shattered life has lost. Now in this perplexing anachronistic world he still finds himself driven with his mastery of the warp and penchant for silently disposing of those not worthy of life.
- Danielle – Tyche. A decorated and devoted Sister of Battle haunted by her latest experience in the warp. Her obsessive hatred of demons made her unfocused in battle, prompting her Abbess to choose her as the first Adepta Sororitas to accompany a Deathwatch Kill-Team, the only place her fury would be guaranteed a target.
- Axe – Ramsay Mac Cuin. Veteran of twenty years of tank battles in Achilus Crusade and Tactical Marine of the mysterious Storm Wardens chapter. Gregarious and proud, he considers each engagement to be a step on the path to perfect understanding of war. While willing to defer to specialists, his broad knowledge base and knack for leadership make him a perfect fit for Kill-Team Commander, or so he believes.