In the far future of the forty-first millenium, there is only war. But the Imperium of Man is not united. In a prosperous but isolated sub-sector, sector governor Duke Severus XIII secedes, claiming that the High Lords of Terra have bled the sector dry, only to leave its citizens to the tender mercies of an approaching Waaaagh!.
And there are men and women willing to kill and die for the newly minted Severan Dominate and its principles of Interdependence, Justice, and Honesty. The -Aetherian Rex- 1st Auxilliary Corps approaches the mineral-rich battlefield of Hervara, a planet that – if lost – could spell the end of the Dominate’s dreams.
They have the length of a single warp voyage to familiarize themselves with their new equipment, and for the Voidborn that form the core of the squad to meet their support specialists and allies from far-flung Severan worlds. Grav-chutes and repurposed mining lasers will take some getting used to, of course. But is it even possible to accustom oneself to the mysteries of the witch, or the strange ways of the abhuman Ogryn?
- Alex – Cornelius. Operator for the Severan Dominate. Content to spend his life navigating an armored coffin behind enemy lines; nonchalantly melting the Enemies of the Emperor while yelling at his latest comrade for perceived incompetence.
- James – Vorgen Nowak. A Heavy Gunner for the Severan Dominate. Always tries to be a reliable foundation for the team, either with his calm, collected style or his suite of heavy weaponry.
- Josh – Aloysius Vance. A quiet psyker from an aggri-world, saved from the Black Ships of the Empire by the timely revolt. He largely keeps to himself, fully aware that the rank and file are disturbed by his presence.
- Kevin – Otho Valerius. Untested squad leader for the Severan Dominate. Still has a lot to learn about the ways of the Imperial Guard, but is determined to lead from the front with dignity and honor.
- Max – Fortunus “Fort” Diggles. Ogryn soldier for the Severan Dominate. Large among even his inhuman kind, Fort is mountain of a man that more closely resembles the mountain. He is always happy to fight alongside his fellow soldiers and support them in their ambitions. The complexities of war often escape him, but he serves with his own blend of loyalty, commitment, and inhuman strength.
“District Four” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License