And so we come to the climax of Lord-Captain Schoenerberg’s hunt for a piece of his family’s old legacy. It’s nothing he’s got specific claims over, but as far as the stories go, a ship so full of riches it was gutted to hold more riches . . . well, that’s bound to be worth something, right? Worth a chance to save an ecclessiarchy vessel, a sight seeing trip to a distant system that no one really wants to claim, and a journey to a pair of uninhabitable worlds with some interesting historical details. Oh, also FRIENDSHIP and TEAMWORK in the grim darkness of the far future. It’s worth that, too.
- Kevin – Fascire “Scire” Gravitas. Explorator and Enginseer Prime of the Brigand’s Lament. A large machine-man obsessed with technologies new and old alike, about to encounter his best. Day. Ever. Also he now has four arms.
- Travis – Winter Breze. Astropath Transcendent, Transubstantial Initiate and Choir Master Telepathica. A young woman who, in the process of becoming a sanctioned psyker of the Imperium of Man, lost who eyes, youth, and beauty. She treats the bridge crew like her own children or grandchildren.
- Nate – Cavianne Omette. Xenos mercenary.
- Josh – Lord-Captain Siegmund Schönerberg. The young Rogue Trader and last survivor of the Schoenerberg dynasty. Tall, dark haired, handsome, and very, very good natured and moral, despite what the grim darkness of the far future promotes.
- Sam – Malakai Carver. Arch-Militant. A large, grizzled warrior with a pretty fantastically braided beard and an affinity for collecting guns. Lots and lots of guns.